Last Updated on September 30, 2023 by Admin
It is considered that we do not feel sorrow by sitting under the tree that is to say which tree finishes all sorrows of women, is called Ashoka tree. Ashoka tree is evergreen like Mango tree, which is 7.5 to 9 meters high with many branches. Its stem is normally straight and brown with some redness. This tree is found in all over India. Its leaves are nine inches long and in five pairs, round shape and sharp. Its leaves are copper in color in beginning and after that they become dark green with redness. Its dried leaves are red.
Its flowers are beautiful, yellow and orange color in beginning. The flowers that grow in the rainy season are bunchy, fragrant, shiny and golden, turns into red color after ripening. The pods, which appear in May month, have 4 to 10 seeds. These pods are dark purple. It is one and half inches long and has 4 to 10 seeds. The pod of Ashoka is dark purple in first stage and after ripening it become black. Bark of Ashoka tree is saffron (soil) from upper but it is red (blood) from internal.
Ashoka tree Name in Different Languages:
English – Ashoka tree
Hindi – Ashoka
Sanskrit – Ashoka, Hempushp, Tamerpallva, Bhanjri, Apshoka, Madhupushp
Marathi – Ashoka
Gujarati – Ashoka, Ashank
Punjabi – Ashoka
Telugu – Ashokamu, Nanjoolamu
Dravidic – Ashokam
Kannada – Ashoka
Latin – Saraka Indica
Ashoka tree – Outer Structure:
- Tree: Ashoka tree is 7.5 to 9 meter high, evergreen and has many branches, which provides very well shadow.
- Leaves: Its leaves are nine inches long, round and sharp, which grow in 5-6 joints. In the soft condition, these are white and red in color but afterwards these become dark green. Leaves sides are meandrian.
- Flower: Ashoka flowers are orange and red in color, fragrant and beautiful shape, which appear in bunches.
- Pods: Its pods are 4 to 10 inches long and 1 to 2 inches wide, which grow in May month. The pod has 4 to 10 seeds. Its raw pod is dark purple, which turns into black after ripening.
- Seed: Ashoka seeds are 1 to 1.5 inches long, flat and upper peel is thick as red leather. White juice comes out from its tree by scratching on it, which turns into red after drying in air. It is called Ashoka gum.
Ashoka tree Properties:
According to Ayurveda, Ashoka juice is bitter and pungent in taste and cool in nature. It improves the skin color and quenches thirst. It is also useful for the treatment of burning sensation, blood diseases, stomach diseases, swelling, uterus looseness and all the types of leucorrhoea diseases, fever and joints pain. It destroys the stomach worms and alleviates poison.
According to Homeopathy, the mother tincture of Ashoka bark is useful to cure all the types of uterus disorders, diabetes mellitus, retention of urine, stomachache and bloody leucorrhoea. It is also useful to make menstrual excretion normal.
According to Scientists, especially Ashoka affects the abdomen (stomach under parts), vagina, kidney and bladder. It also affects the ovary besides uterus. It increases reproductive power in women. After searching the chemical structure of Ashoka, it is found that it contains seven percent Tannin, three percent catcalls, four percent Intentional oil, two percent calcium with carbonic and four percent iron elements. It also contains glaicosides, which works like Estrogen Hormones. The main activities of Ashoka tree is completed by including Steroid and Calcium full salts.
Ashoka tree – Dosage:
The patient should take 10 to 15 grams powder of Ashoka bark, 3 to 6 grams powder of seeds and flowers and fifty milliliters decoction of bark.
Ashoka tree Uses and Benefits:
1. Pregnancy: Giving Ashoka flowers to the suffered woman with curd regularly helps in conceiving. (Read More: Is Capsicum Safe During Pregnancy? Expert Advice and Precautions)
2. White leucorrhoea: Mix equal quantity of 1 spoon powder of Ashoka bark and sugar-candy and give it to the patient with cow milk thrice a day for some weeks regularly, it cures white leucorrhoea.
3. Bloody leucorrhoea: Make a decoction by boiling Ashoka bark, white cumin seeds, cinnamon and cardamom seeds with water there after filter it. Bloody leucorrhoea is cured by taking this decoction thrice a day.
4. Looseness of the vagina: Make the powder by grinding equal quantity of Ashoka bark, Acacia Arabica bark, cluster fig bark, gall-nut and alum together. Boil 50 grams this powder with 400 ml water until 100 ml water remains then filter it after putting down. Give inject of this decoction in the vagina with the help of syringe at night daily and pass the urine after one hour. Using this process is useful to end looseness of the vagina within some days.
5. Retention in urine: Grind Ashoka seeds with water and give it to the patient in two spoons quantity; it ends problems of retention of urine and breaks stones too. (Read More: Gokshuradi Guggulu: Benefits and Uses)
6. Acnes, Ulcers and Pimples: Make a decoction by boiling Ashoka bark with water until turns into thick then make cold. Mix equal mustard oil in this mixture and apply it on the acnes, ulcers and pimples. Using this experiment regularly cures this disease.
7. Memory weakness: Mix equal quantity of powder of Ashoka bark and Indian penny-wort together. After that, take 1 spoon this mixture with one cup milk twice a day for some months regularly to develop brain power.
8. Suffocation (Breathing problems): Chew one spoon powder of Ashoka seeds with betel-leaf to get relief in breathing problems.
9. Bloody Piles:
- Soak equal quantity of bark and flowers of Ashoka in one glass water at overnight. In the next morning, filter this mixture and make the patient drink. Thus, soak bark and flowers Ashoka in water in the morning and drink it at night. Using this process provides relief in bloody piles.
- Give 40-50 milliliters decoction of Ashoka bark to the patient to stop bleeding in bloody piles.
10. Breathing problems: Give powder of Ashoka seeds equal to one rice piece to the patient with betel-leaf 6-7 times. It provides relief in breathing problems.
11. Cosmetics: Grind mustard with juice of Ashoka bark and dry it under the shadow until it turns into thick. After that, coat this paste on the body to improve the skin color.
12. Vomiting: Grind Ashoka flowers with water and coat it on the woman breast (who suckles her baby). It prevents vomiting of the baby, which occurs because of drinking milk.
13. Bloody diarrhoea: Grind 3-4 grams Ashoka flowers with water and make the patient drink. It provides relief in bloody diarrhoea.
14. Hemorrhage: Boil eighty grams Ashoka bark and eighty ml milk with four fold water until ¼ parts remains then give it to the suffered woman twice a day after filtering. The woman should take this preparation at fourth day of menstrual excretion until hemorrhage is cured.
15. Nightfall of women: Boil twenty grams ground bark of Ashoka tree with 250 ml water until it remains thirty grams mixture then mix honey in it. After that, give this preparation to the women twice a day to get relief in nightfall of the women.
16. Stone: Grind 1-2 grams seeds of Ashoka tree with water and give it to the patient in two spoons quantity regularly; it ends retention of urine and breaks stones too.
17. Broken bone: Give six grams powder of Ashoka bark to the patient with milk twice a day as well as coat its paste on the affected part. It provides relief in pain and joints broken bone.
18. Uterus swelling:
- Make powder by grinding separately 120 grams Ashoka bark, banyan fibrous root, Black Smilax (Sariwa), red sandal, Indian barberry and runia cardfolia (Majeeth) 100 grams each and small cardamom seeds, ashes of Chanderputi sespadula 50 grams each, forty grams Shastraputi mica ashes, Vang ash and iron ash 30 grams each and ten grams Makardhwaz sulphur. Filter these powders and keep separately. Now prepare a decoction by boiling country mallow, semal bark and bark of cluster with water. Grind 3 grams powder of every medicine with this decoction and prepare tablets equal of one gram from it. 1-2 tablets should be taken with cow milk (sugar-candy should be mixed in milk) twice a day. Taking these tablets for one month regularly provides relief in many diseases of women. It is useful for the treatment of uterus swelling, inflammation, bloody leucorrhoea and many types of disorders of menstrual excretion. It also ends weakness of delivered women too.
- Grind separately 120 grams Ashoka skin and banyan fibrous root, black smilax, red sandal, Indian barberry and runia cardifolia (Majeeth) 100 grams each and small cardamom seeds and ashes of Chanderputi sespadula 50 grams each, forty grams Shastraputi mica ash, 30 Vang ash and 30 grams iron ash and ten grams Makardhwaz sulphur afterwards filter all. All powders keep separately. Grind these powders with a decoction made from country mallow, semal skin and cluster fig tree skin for 3 days and prepare 1gram tablets. Dry these tablets in shadow. One should take 1-2 tablets with sugar-candy mixed cow milk twice a day. Taking this medicine regularly one month provides relief in different diseases of women. It is also useful to cure uterus swelling, burning sensation, menses disorders, blood leucorrhoea and weakness of delivered women.
19. Dysmenorrhoea: Boil 10 to 20 grams Ashoka bark with milk and give it to the suffered woman regularly is useful to cure dysmenorrhoea, white leucorrhoea, bloody leucorrhoea, etc. diseases. It generates excitement in the uterus and ovary and makes them able too.
20. Bloody diarrhoea: Boil 100 to 200 grams powder of Ashoka bark with milk and give it to the patient in the morning regularly, it cures bloody diarrhoea.
21. Menstrual disturbance: Boil ten grams Ashoka bark with 250 ml milk give it to the suffered woman, it ends all the types of disorders of menstrual excretion.
- Grind Ashoka bark and filter it with the help of cloth. Taking three grams this ground bark with honey thrice a day provides relief in all the types of leucorrhoea.
- Cook decoction of Ashoka bark with milk and cool it. After that, give this decoction to the suffered woman according to capacity to get relief in leucorrhoea.
- Boil 20-24 grams bark of Ashoka tree with eight folds water until it remains 1/4 parts then put it down. Boil this decoction with 250 ml milk and give it to the patient, it cures all the types of leucorrhoea.
- Grind Ashoka bark with rice water (wash the rice with water) and filter it. Mix some pure Rasanzan and honey in this mixture there after give it to the patient to drink. It is useful to cure all the types of leucorrhoea.
- Grind two grams Ashoka seeds with fresh water like syrup there after mix proper quantity of sugar-candy in it. After that, give this preparation to the suffered woman to get relief in bloody leucorrhoea, retention of urine and stones.
- Mix juice of Ashoka flowers with honey and give it to the patient, it provides relief in leucorrhoea.
- Mix two grams powder of Malabar nut panchang (stem, leaves, root, leaf and fruit) and two spoons honey with decoction of Ashoka bark. Bloody leucorrhoea is cured by taking this mixture twice a day.
- The suffered woman should wash the vagina with Ashoka decoction because it helps to stop bleeding. It also provides relief in bloody leucorrhoea, white leucorrhoea and vagina foul smell.
- Mix alum powder with decoction of Ashoka bark and give inject of this mixture in the vagina. Using this process ends both types of leucorrhoea (blood and white) and its disorders.
- Make a decoction by boiling Ashoka and hogweed with water. Washing the vagina with this decoction provides relief in swelling and reduces velocity of bleeding. It also ends leucorrhoea and vagina swelling.
- Grind bark of Ashoka tree and Acacia Arabica tree 100 grams each with 50 grams lodh bark and 50 grams dried leaves of Neem. Boil this mixture with four folds water until it remains half then put it down. Filter this decoction and fill it in a bottle after cooling. Washing vagina with this decoction provides relief in leucorrhoea.
- Boil 10-20 grams powder of Ashoka bark with milk and give it to the woman in the morning, it provides benefit. It also cures bloody leucorrhoea, menstrual disorders and white leucorrhoea. It makes uterus strong and able to the ovary.
- Mix 40-50 ml decoction of Ashoka bark with milk and give it to the woman twice a day, it provides relief in white and blood leucorrhoea.
- Grind 3 grams bark of Ashoka tree with rice water (wash the rice water) and filter it. Mix one gram extract of Indian barbering and one spoon honey in this preparation. Giving this mixture to the patient twice a day provides relief in all the types of leucorrhoea. With this process, mix alum powder with decoction of Ashoka bark and give inject of this mixture in the vagina by syringe.
- Grind 2-3 grams Ashoka flowers with water and give it to the patient because it provides benefit. Mix 10 grams fine powder of internal bark of Ashoka, 10 grams powder of sathi rice, 50 grams sugar candy and 3 grams honey together. After that, give this mixture to the patient thrice a day to get relief in leucorrhoea.
Ashoka tree Side Effects:
- The safety profile of Ashoka tree for pregnant women is unknown, so it is advised to avoid using this tree’s elements during pregnancy.
- There are no recorded side effects of Ashoka tree when used in the recommended dosage.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice. Always consult with a qualified healthcare professional before starting any new herbal treatment.